Friday, May 28, 2010

Mountain Road Trip Story


Our life is so exciting!  I just wanted to post a small tidbit of our fun adventure.  We decided to take a drive down south for the day:) 

This is a picture of an actual dwarf monk house.  It's a place of solitude.  As you can see in this picture it's nice and dry.  It was a nice day... so nice, it was suspicious.  We felt like we were being watched. 

 

As we drove through one of the canyons there was plenty of untouched white snow!  This is a picture of a rare evergreen grove that only grows in parallel  lines along fault lines along the Wasatch Front.  The seismic activity allows them to grow where other trees cannot.  We were lucky to see these.  It took us several hours to get to the peak here.


We noticed some foot prints and didn't think much of it.  There was a leaf next to one of them and so I got a picture because I thought it looked cool. Just picture it:  A leaf hangs on through the winter and is the last remaining on the tree through the blizzards and snow.  It finally falls on a hot spring day soaking in the sun and melting the snow slowly.  As the snow continues to melt it will gently be laid on the ground as the snow melts beneath it and it will become one with the Earth, like a Ninja.

 

As I was pondering my photo, Chelsea said, "look a cool little shack!"  I looked down the ravine and snapped a picture.  It said no trespassing, but we didn't care because we wanted to get some pictures! So we went slowly down the ravine to get a closer look at this mysterious little shack.  Right then, two police officers jumped out and started chasing us, yelling "No Trespassing. No Trespassing!"  It was a set up.  They knew we were coming!


Chelsea ducked behind a tree.  Isaiah wasn't so lucky.  Confused, he was stuck in the snow and couldn't get away.  I knew I had to help him get out before they could catch him.


Luckily, I had recently learned the art of walking on frozen water from the ancient ungie warrior master,  Chuan Yeung.  You can see the state of concentration I am in by may facial expression.  Also note the pure balance over six feet of snow.  These police officers didn't know what they were up against. I saved Isaiah, but where was Chelsea? - I thought to myself.


As I got away with my ninja moves, I saw they had got Chelsea and put her in the police car hidden around the bend.  I couldn't let that happen, so I went to save her too...


...But I was too late.  They took her to jail.  It was okay though, she only had to be there for like five minutes.  I broke open the bars with my Ninja Warrior strength and we rode off on my trusty stead. Which is a Percheron Goliath by the way, which is really cool.


This story is obviously true and is really good.  No animals were hurt during our adventure.  One got close but I saved it with my ninja moves because I'm smooth like that.  I love Chelsea and even though she is an escaped convict she is a good person.  I'll always protect her with my incredible ninja muscle strength no matter what.  I hope you had fun reading this post:) - Aaron

2 comments:

Kirsten said...

ha ha ha! Favorite post EVER! That's cool you still see Isiah sometimes!

Joel and Jessie said...

That's so funny!