Thursday, February 18, 2010

Our adventure

We went down to St. George on Valentines Weekend and saw my cousin Bryce speak in sacrament before he left on his mission.  It was good to see some of the family that was there as well.  So we had fun while we were there.  We drove down with Isaiah. Here are some pics.  First stop - Grafton.





We came across a ghost town called grafton on the way to Zions.  It was pretty interesting.  They are trying to restore it bit by bit.  Several movies have been filmed here.  We just had fun looking around. 







We have never been to zions before so this was fun to see the scenery.  The first hike was only fifteen minutes up.  The picture on the right is inside the weeping rock.  as you can see looking out it looks like it is raining from the water running off.  The picture on our left was our second hike to emerald pools under the waterfall.  As you can see in the picture below it got a little muddy!

Here is a picture of the small waterfall we went under.

Our hike was a couple of miles.  Here I am taking a break and enjoying the view.



JD and I showing our great strength!

Yay! We are on our way down!


I had to have Chelsea pose for a couple of pictures. Say Cheese!
We did it! We are the Champions!

We did pretty good. Only a little mud!

It's a tradition every time we go up in the mountains that I pull a crazy stunt!  Here I Go!  I can fly!


Photobucket
On our adventure we found some hot springs which were pretty cool.  You could throw a rock in and it would disappear.  They were so warm.  We are definitely coming back to jump in!
Here is the view from the hot springs in the middle of nowhere.

And that was our adventure!






3 comments:

Rachael said...

i love all your new posts!!!! Your adventure pics are awesome! Thanksfor calling me on my birthday!!

Cami said...

i too love all your posts! the pictures look awesome. and the sun looks so inviting, i'm feeling a visit to st george soon after seeing how warm it looked(:

Reimschiissels said...

I am glad you all came down. I had a blast. By the way when did you go to some hot springs? Where were they?